In order to a post a payment to a claim you'll want to ensure you are always doing this through Open Payer's Accounts.
1. Open Payer Accounts
- Click Payers Tab
- Click Open Payers Account
2. Define Search Criteria
- Payer: Set to the specific Payer
- Posted To: Set the location that the claim was created
- Posted: Set the date the claim was created (this can be found in the patient profile by going to records > payer)
- Pending: This will only pull claims that are incomplete/without a payment attached.
- Type: Select Claim and hit >> to bring it over to the right box.
3. Post Payment for Claim
- Click relevant Claim
- Right Click
- Post Claim Payment of...
4. Complete Payment
- Ensure Amount is correct
- Select Payment Type
- Complete relevant description
5. Status updated
- Claim is completed because a payment is assigned to it